Voyager’s approach to private equity is simply to partner with and support entrepreneurial leaders to build sustainable, differentiated businesses for the long-term. In addition to capital, Voyager can assist portfolio companies in four key areas: developing a long-term strategy; investment in organic growth and acquisitions; leveraging Voyager’s industry relationships and industry knowledge; and enhancing human resources and operations productivity.
Developing A Long-Term Strategy
- Comprehensive strategic planning, including long-term goal and objective mapping.
- Identify growth plans and capital requirements.
- Consider potential mergers and acquisitions that make the business stronger for the long-term.
- Develop annual operating plans and critical paths for improvement.
- Identify eventual exit opportunities for shareholders.
Investing In Organic Growth And Acquisitions
- Analyze and invest in R&D capabilities to enhance new product or service development.
- Consider and execute on geographic expansion opportunities.
- Develop acquisition strategy in both core and adjacent sectors.
- Provide negotiation, due diligence, transaction structuring and integration support for acquisitions.
Leveraging Voyager’s Industry Relationships And Industry Knowledge
- Access to seasoned entrepreneurs and executives, who often participate on portfolio company boards.
- Introducing portfolio companies to potential customers or new business relationships.
- Introducing portfolio companies to lenders, consultants and investment bankers.
- Providing assistance with re-financings or restructurings of credit facilities.
Enhancing Human Resources And Operations Productivity
- Implement KPIs, benchmarking and other management tools.
- Develop working capital management tools.
- Assist in recruitment/retention of top talent across entire company.
- Implement management compensation and equity incentive programs.
- Consider internal efficiencies, such as enhanced IT and ERP systems.
- Optimize supply chain, safety and compliance functions.
- Customer and product/service profitability analysis.